Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does the stone in my spleen mean do I need surgery for…

Customer Question
What does the stone in...
What does the stone in my spleen mean do I need surgery for that and the stones?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/17/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

No, a small calcification that is asymptomatic does not need surgery. A calcification in the spleen can be from a variety of causes. These can include a small blood blot in one of the vessels of the spleen or from previous infections.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

do I need to worry about the blood clot in my spleen and should I return to the ER cuz I’m still sick suffering from cough fever Ronny nose chills

If you still have a fever and are not feeling well I think you should go to the ER. They did tell you that you had a blood infection so from that alone you should probably go to the ER. Hope that helps.