Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Four days ago at work a co worker opened a double door food…

Four days ago at...

Four days ago at work a co worker opened a double door food warmer, hitting me in the left temple as I was

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

The pain from the left temple switched over to the right temple but it's more if a dull ache than a sharp pain. I haven't had nausea or loss of appetite or fever and rash. I just feel very anxious and nervous. I'm scared of of getting a blood clot or hemorraging in my sleep

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

It happened four days ago.I noticed when I calmed down, cleared my head and took deep breaths I felt better. But I got anxious again ang took an aleve before I went to bed last night(which I realize now is a no no)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing comes to mind

3/17/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

How old are you?

Was there any bleeding at the area you were hit? Any nausea or vomiting? Any change in vision? Any change in mental status (like feeling very sleepy, etc.)?

Im 45. No nausea or vomiting or vision problems or sleepiness. Just that I noticed the pain switched to the right temple as well Is that cause for alarm?

If you have had no symptoms aside from some pain this is not cause for concern. In addition, brain bleeding or hemorrhage or clot would have occurred much sooner than 4 days. Anything concerning would not travel to the other side either. In addition, you would probably have a depressed skull fracture in the area you were hit and you would be able to feel it. You might just be having some expected pain from being hit, but nothing concerning like a brain bleed. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Since it happened four days ago, how long before the pain goes away completely?

Can sometimes take about a week. Try some tylenol to help with the pain and also warm compresses. Also, anxiety can make the pain worse so try your best to relax. If the pain persists for another 4-5 days you should see a doctor. Sooner if you begin to have nausea or vomiting.