Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have not had my period since Jan. It started yesterday and…

I have not had...

I have not had my period since Jan. It started yesterday and today I have severe cramping and the flow is heavier than it usually is. Is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

They are usually very regular like clockwork

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I missed a period once about 2 years ago. Testing at that time came back normal. Just had bloodwork done in jan that was normal

3/17/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

A delay and heavy flow for one cycle is not anything to be concerned about so it can occur normally as well due to hormonal fluctuation so nothing much to worry for now.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
continue Advil for pain control?

Yes, you can continue advil and hot compresses for pain.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.