Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How to treat vaginal odor? I have used vinega and water

How to treat vaginal...

How to treat vaginal odor ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have used vinega and water douche and over the counter

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had 3 children. I am 85 years and healthy

3/17/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi... I understand your concern.The most common cause and reason for such odour in the vaginal region is a very simple vaginal yeast infection.There might be a prerequisite condition like usage of antibiotics or Diabetes or there might not be any predisposing factor also.I am sorry that I have to say that using douche may worsen the situation.I suggest that you consult your physician or gynecologist regarding this as this will require a prescription medicine call Fluconazole available as Difulcan. A course of 3 tablets will definitely give you hundred percent result in this regard.Before initiating the treatment, the doctor might take a swab and send tissue or swab for culture and sensitivity. This isolation of the organism us to see if the sensitivity factor of the drug is perfect.As you have already done home remedies and over the counter medications and suggest you follow the above suggestion and consult your physician or gynecologist please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD