Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve had the runs 4 weeks heart palpitations feel in chest…

I’ve had the runs 4...
I’ve had the runs 4 weeks heart palpitations feel in chest an left ear sometimes with headache
By bp this am was 117/80 sometimes it’s been higher pulse 100 usually 68 I’ve veen deep breathing an took Advil for my pulsating vascular type headache or migraine
I’ve had bloodwork and stools everything good
Waiting on to do my cardiac tests tobruke it out
My mom was hypertensive died at 94 2 weeks ago very fatigued
On stool or exertion of any kind last 3 weeks only get palpitations headache feel like blocked ears etc
Can this be cardiac symptoms or menopausal I’m in peri menopause
Is there cause for concern I’m a nurse
3/17/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are experiencing palpitations. And, I am sorry for your loss. Your symptoms may be due to decreased hormones, stress/anxiety or cardiac related. Regardless of the immediate cause, you do need to have a cardiac evaluation to include, ECG, Echocardiogram, stress test either physical or chemical at a minimal. If there is no evidence to support any heart disease, then evaluate for decreased hormone levels. Stress from the loss of your mother may be a legitimate reason for your symptoms, but you do need to have everything evaluated.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had ecg in emergency last week normal
I’m waiting to have my cardiac tests done in the next 1-2 weeks here in Canada
The diarrhea us better but all exertion causes it
Last 3 weeks before no cardiac symptoms ever

You don't mention that you take any medication, so I will assume you don't. Being a nurse, you know that one normal ECG is not diagnostic of cardiac disease. The diarrhea may be due to rapid transit aggravated by stress. You can try over the counter Imodium. Please complete your cardiac evaluation even though your symptoms are not due to a cardiac disease.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have carido appt for all that april 5 but trying to get in sooner.
The runs for 4 weeks i got in Jamaica however all stools were negative, and my bloodwork was normal for everything including
thyroid Fx. my female hormones were not tested. ive never been on any meds in my life was healthy and exercise. With this combo of symptoms i have had no energy staying at home.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my menses is 3 days late, i alternate between hot and cold, headache left side, feeling of fullness in left ear. doc has looked in my ear stated clear. Today i have palpitations when rising to have bm in am at 11 am and at 4pm today. all accompanied with left sided headache and fullness in ear.

Thank you for this additional information. To control your diarrhea, please try over the counter Imodium Liquid and eliminate all dairy from your diet. Also, try to limit any products containing white flour. Your diarrhea may be Lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity. Your doctor can test for these.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor