Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a high risk exposure 4months should. Since then, I had…

I had a high...

I had a high risk exposure 4months should. Since then, I had rapid tests at 4,8 and 12 weeks. Then a duo 4th generation at 24 weeks. I’m concerned because of different symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

All tests negative

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have what I think is a canker sore and maybe thrush. But I have a broken tooth and used csritsteroidsvtoo

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

2 days

3/17/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

With all the negative tests at different time intervals, you are considered HIV negative and symptoms or sore is not to be linked to HIV so rest assured.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thank you. Why do some say retesting at 6 months?

This is controversial and i do not think a retest is needed, although there is no harm in retesting for peace of mind.

I ma have thrush on my tongue.. not sure
Doctor?
The 4th generation test was at 14 weeks not 24 weeks. Sorry
Dr Uzair?
Even if the last test was at 14 weeks and not 24 weeks?
Sorry for continued questioning. I only want to make sure about 14 week negative duo and 16 week rapid are conclusive

Yes, they are considered conclusive at 14 and 16 weeks so nothing at all to worry about.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Thank you Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor