Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am in extreme stress but also have COPD and some heart…

I am in extreme...

I am in extreme stress but also have COPD and some heart issues...I was emotionally extremely the other day and in my emotional reaction I literally feel like I burst my heart open...that was several days ago and the pain is still there, constant. It feels like a bad bruise. It does not feel skeletal. I have had severe chest pains since last June over 8 months, they found a mass on my lungs and then they said it was scar tissue from COPD. I am 58. I had a virus in the membranes of my heart in 2004, my family all had heart disease. My doctors think I am mental and won't do anymore work to see my pain. I am in canada,

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Very bad, no energy I have to take cannabis or I would not eat at all or pee

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

hypothyroidism, mild MS, COPD and comes from a lot of abuse and trauma

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Camille-Mod
I'm Camille and I'm a moderator for this topic. While I am not trying to discourage you from getting help from our Experts, I do want you to know that at this time we do not offer prescription service of any kind, nor can we offer Doctor's excuses or notes. Experts can not direct you to a specific Physician for any kind of treatment or services which includes requests for Doctors that can/will write certain medication prescriptions for you as this is handled on a case by case basis by the individual Physicians you may choose for your hands-on care.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question. I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Camille - Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not seeking a prescription. I won't see a doctor again, they destroyed me. But I have this heart issue and wonder if I"'m going to die this weekend.
Thank you so much for clarifying. I will help to find an Expert to assist you. You will receive an email when you have a response. Thank you
Camille-Moderator
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry that you are having chest pain. As I understand your pain, it has been present for several days, so the likely hood of an acute coronary event is not the case. That doesn't infer that you do not have coronary artery disease or angina. Just that you are not having a heart attack at this time. I see that you are from Canada. Is there a chance that you can get Sub-Lingual Nitroglycerine 1/150 over the counter without the need of a prescription?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr. Stan, thank you... I am what you call highly sensitive - both emotionally and physically - I feel everything and loud. I know my body. It feels like I burst something, and now it feels like it is swelling, it is a very heavy thick pain filling up my entire heart areas and it is not dying down. Just now I got up (I am no energy) and it felt like my heart weighs heavy and hurt. It feel swollen, is that possible for the heart to be swollen? I know my grandma died of an enlarged heart, but she was 94. My dad and aunts had coronary artery disease but did not die from it, they all died of lung cancer. So I know I have the heart and lung issues but this pain - it makes me feel like my heart is swelling and bruised. Could this just be my emotional reaction to what is going on in my life - which is a very difficult time...?

Emotional stress can be devastating and cause pain, difficulty breathing and emotional defeat. Can you get sublingual nitroglycerine without a prescription? If you can please put one under your tongue. This can be repeated every 10 minutes for up to 3 doses. If your heart pain is relieved, that is a good indication that you have heart disease. Of course, additional tests need to be done, but that is the first test. Congestive heart failure can cause fatigue and difficulty breathing, but again, this can be determined by a simple chest x-ray. This may all be due to emotional distress, but any physical problems need to be evaluated first before labeling the cause as stress and emotions.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. ***** find this very helpful, if I survive the month I will get s subscription. I was labelled mentally ill and I cannot get a doctor to listen to me like a normal human being here. I am in Canada, BC...and I already have a complaint out to the college they really devastated me and my sense of dignity, in all honesty if I did have a heart attack I have no one left lol, strange how lives work out. Yes, thank you so much.

You are welcome and feel better soon.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor