Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some friction blisters on the inside of my vaginal…

I have some friction...

I have some friction blisters on the inside of my vaginal lips already 4 days

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

What can I do

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No my last was about a year aho

3/17/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can I ask did these blisters develop after unprotected sexual intercourse and if so, immediately afterward (within 1-2 days) or did they develop after 4-5 days of the intercourse? Also do you have a picture which you can attach here? Lastly have you tried anything so far to treat these blisters?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was with my husband of 15 years we have 4 kids mans I have never had anything like this or him. Like 1 day after unprotected sex they aporread we have been having sex for over a week straight twice a day the last day we used a penis ring and he rubbed it on me. Exactly where he rubbed it is where I got the blisters.

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins.

Actually friction blisters can take some time to heal depending on their severity, usually, the time can be anywhere between a week to ten days however the more severe blisters can take up to 3 weeks to heal completely. Now the first thing to do is to avoid sexual intercourse until they are completely healed. Next, you should start applying OTC vagisil in the area which can help lubricate the area and also provide some relief from the pain. Additionally you an also try using OTC rephresh gel which can also be helpful in this situation too. Keep the area clean is very important as well. Also, you should start using OTC anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 200 mg thrice daily which can help in reducing inflammation at the site, add OTC antihistamines like Zyrtec or Claritin once a day to the regimen as well.

If the pain is very severe then topical lidocaine applied to the area will also help in reducing the symptoms until the area heals completely.

Now as I said if the blisters are severe and they are worsening or forming sores then you will need a pelvic examination and prescription medication in order for them to heal properly. A picture would help in determining if they are severe enough to warrant a doctors visit right now. But for now, i would suggest that you do start using the above medications and see if they are helpful if the symptoms worsen or show no signs of improvement within the next 2-3 days then visit your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here is a pic of the first day

Thanks for the picture,

Ok so the blisters have changed into sores even on the first day and it is possible that now they may be infected if they are showing signs of redness, swelling in the area surrounding them. If that is the case then you will need antibiotics and other medications along with a pelvic examination to have this treated. If they have not increased in size and have not worsened since the first day then you can try using the above medications for 2-3 days as I pointed out above and if they don't work, then see your doctor. However, as I said if they have worsened then see your doctor now for possible antibiotics.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They actually popped because I wore jeans that might have been tight so that night when I got home they had popped. They have not gotten worse it’s slowly getting better. But I have been resting the past few days just afraid I’ll go back to work in pain

Wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid wearing tight jeans for the next few days. if possible wear loose flowing dresses or skirts. Additionally, wear underwear which is not tight fitting either. If they are improving then with the above medications they will improve even further in the next 2-3 days, even if you go back to work.

Do you have any more questions?

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I will do that

You are welcome, best of luck!

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor