Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about the appearance of my vagina. Started…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about the appearance of my vagina

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Started noticing in September

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
I don’t want the doctor to tell me that this is normal I’v uploaded a picture
3/17/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

What is that on my vagina
I noticed it in January now it’s not like that

I am reviewing the images - kindly wait.

Okay
Hi... Thank you for uploading the images and giving me clarity. As far as I can observe there is nothing abnormal which is there. It is just a mildly sagged out vaginal tissue which is appearing there, and that too I can say that it is very healthy looking and nothing to worry at all.Your vaginal secretions seem to be normal.Please answer my questions below -
1. Is there any pain or itching and burning sensation?
2. Did you observe it after any particular sexual act?
3. Is there any foul odour in the vaginal secretions?
4. Are your periods regular?
5. May I know your age please?
6. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive and are you on any antibiotic medications currently?
1. There was NO pain no itching at the time of taking the picture
2. I was sexually active i August 2017 and got chlamydia then I saw this in January 2018
3. No foul odour just the regular one
4. Regular periods
5. I’m 21
6. Not diabetic or taking antibiotics . Only took antibiotics in October when I tested positive to chlamydiaHowever I started feeling a tingling or burning sensation between my bum and close to the vaginal opening 5 days ago and my period started yesterday
Hi... I understand your concern thank you for getting back with the requested information.By what you say I feel that this could be a simple worm infestation.
I suggest you take tablet Albendazole 400 milligrams one tablet today and repeat dose after 10 days.This will settle the issue.Symptoms which you are experiencing is because during the night the parasites come out of the anal opening to lay eggs in the surrounding area and go in again." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani