Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr you were right, I went to a URO. He diagnosed me with…

Dr you were right, I...
Dr you were right, I went to a URO. He diagnosed me with prostatis. He did a prostrate exam with his finger. He said my prostate was very small though. But that my symptoms suggested it was prostatis and inflamed. He said the longevity (on and off since last April, suggest chronic prostatis) no infection though. My question is, is this cpps? I only have minor dull discomfort in penis head. Pain starts after ejaculating and fluid always feels stuck in my penis head at night. I read severe pain from everyone that had it. Mines just annoying. Uro reccomended no masturbation for a week. And that it will go away. But I read it's incurable and comes and goes
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually having chronic prostatitis by itself does not necessarily mean that you have CPPS. Chronic pelvic pain syndrome requires a certain criteria to be fulfilled before the diagnosis can be made. the main one is the definite exclusion of a bacterial or fungal infection of the prostate conclusively which means a semen culture or prostatic fluid secretion culture has to come back as negative in the presence of symptoms. Once that is done then you would be classified as having chronic inflammatory or noninflammatory prostatitis and the persistence of symptoms for more than 2 months (persistent symptoms) would make the diagnosis clear. If your criteria are fulfilled then you can be labeled as having CPPS.

Now your doctor is right avoiding masturbation does help in reducing inflammation in most cases and in many patients the problem can resolve for several months to years or you could have a condition in which you have NO symptoms but the prostate may be still mildly inflamed. Additionally, pain in CPPS can vary from the mildly annoying in your case to severe and debilitating as each patient is different. Having a diagnosis of CPPS does not mean that you will slowly progress over time to have more severe pain, many patients never develop the severe symptoms at all. But it is true that you may experience a recurrence of these symptoms from time to time over the course of several years. However, most mild cases do not recur often and when they do they can be treated effectively. If the symptoms don't resolve even after the week of abstinence then you may benefit from a prostatic massage which can help resolve the symptoms. If that does not work the myofascial release therapy and paradoxical relaxation therapy does help a lot in resistant cases.

but in short, having a diagnosis of CPPS does NOt automatically mean that you will suffer the rest of your life. As I said most patients do not progress and their symptoms are very easily manageable but it is true that the symptoms may recur later on.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

I mean I'm cool with having it. It's like a Mild headache just in my penis sometimes lol. Today I had no pain. I had sex yesterday and masturbated today. This girl was killing me, sending me stuff. I even told her I had prostatis ��. Couldn't hold back. But I had no pain after ejaculation an hour ago. One last thing, would this ever make me impotent? I still ejaculste large volumes and still get erections on demand

Hi--sorry I was off when you first posted this

Did you need any information from me?

Would this prostatis make me impotent or have ED over time? That's all I'm worried about

No, not at all--

Prostatitis, even chronic, doesn't not cause any kind of ED or impotence