Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a healthy 65 year old man and have been having slight…

Customer Question
I am a healthy...

I am a healthy 65 year old man and have been having slight lightheadedness today, intermittent but repeating and also have little noises in my head like fuzzy sounds. Unusual. I see a relation between the sounds and the lightheadedness. Is this a stroke?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Thank you. About two days. I did notice when I cough the lightheadedness increase momentarily. The sound is like a Q tip in your ear and is pulsing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing at all. Healthy. Minor stress with life.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
I have noticed the fuzzy sound is pulsing more frequently tonight and is now increasing in frequency/rate every few seconds. It is also felt a slight amount. I have had a dry cough, but that is not too unusual.
I have been sitting mostly and quietly. It sound like blood rushing inside my neck or back and center of my head.
THank you. How long should I wait for an answer please. I am at the office with my email available but it is getting late.
Finally, I don't think it is tinnitus, though I do hear an elevated background noise in my ears. Not actually ringing though, more low white noise
3/17/2018
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have been having new symptoms as you have described above and you are also concerned whether this could represent a stroke. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am preparing & typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

There is definitely a pulsing pressure plus the noise I hear at the same time.

Hi, I am sorry; I am not in a position to do the phone-service due to certain technical constraints. I will opt-out from this question and return this question back to the expert pool so that some other expert who is hopefully able to offer phone-service will try to assist you with your health questions.

Please wait for the next expert. And please try to avoid replying to this post, otherwise this question may get locked back to me again and prevent other experts from taking up your question.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

I am beginning to not buy the pay each step of the way plan. My card is good too, but you don't see it.
This is unacceptable.