Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is a little uncomfortable for me to bring up, but me…

This is a little...

This is a little uncomfortable for me to bring up, but me and my boyfriend were doing breath play during sex this afternoon and he accidentally gripped the wrong part of my throat too tightly. Since then i have been unabLe to stop coughing, have felt like i can't catch my breath, and have felt like my heart is racing. I checked my pulse here at home and my resting heart rate was 108. I'm not sure if i need to go to urgent care when they open I'm the morning or if it is something that will go away on its own

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

The cough has been going on for about 6 hours after. I also have felt short of breath and have felt like my heart is racing

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Thank you

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Has there been any bruising on the neck where he held has there been any bruising on the neck where he held?

2. Are you having any noisy breathing while taking the breath in?

3. Are you experiencing any pain or difficulty in swallowing the saliva?

4. Is the cough causing pain in the throat?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

I am having noisy breathing and it is also painful, but i don't see any bruising. Trying to swallow the saliva causes me to cough
Hi... What you did was not wrong nothing to feel guilty about it. I am extremely sorry to say that you will require medical attention immediately.
Airway issues should never be neglected and should be taken care of immediately with emergency medical attention.
Please go to the nearest emergency medical room as soon as possible.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD