Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

A couple itchy bumps appear on my waistline like an hour…

Customer Question
A couple itchy bumps appear...
A couple itchy bumps appear on my waistline like an hour ago. It is my pant line. I thought it could have been bed bugs bump but if it is i should feel the itch or saw it this morning when I woke up. But it happen while i am at work. Looks like a bed bug bite?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/17/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...Thank you for uploading the images for better clarity on your problem.

This looks like an insect bite allergy or bed bug bite or a simple form of urticaria or skin allergy which can start spontaneously.

But bed but bites can manifest even after few hours of sleep depending on body's allergic response.

There is nothing to worry about it.

I suggest you use Syrup Benadryl 10ml thrice a day for 3 days and use some emollient topical lotion for soothing.

This will settle the issue.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Thank you. Could these happen because of dry skin also? The thing is if it is bed bug, myhusband should have it too but he doesn’t. I know i have very dry skin and don’t really put on a moisturizer.
Because sometimes After showering I could feel small bump on my hip and once I scratch it, it turn into a bigger bump

Hi...this can happen in dry skin and that was exactly what I was referring to when I told you about simple skin allergy or urticaria.

The other name is eczema.

You can use moisturising lotion for this - thrice a day for 4 weeks to prevent recurrence.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth