Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just had a pet scan and would like someone to analyze it…

i just had a pet...
i just had a pet scan and would like someone to analyze it for me. previously had twonodules in the lung and would like to know the size and activity....Here isa link to the diacom viewer along with image. I think you would have to download the whole set rather then just clicking and then click on the autorun exe file after downloaded... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1kq34nnyry89dc/AACs84hW4W1mJd399D4aAgFFa?dl=0
3/17/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

let me download the pet scan

there is a mass next to the arch of the aorta in the left lung

it looks like it is about 2 to 2.5cm in size.

there seems to be some PET uptake in the mass.

how old are you?

do you you smoke or have you smoked before?

your doctors may be recommending you to see a pulmonologist who can get a biopsy of that mass in the left lung.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have to upload my last scan in order for an opinion if it has shrunk or not since I've started alternative therapies. There were twonodules as of the last time I was scannerd. Are you sure that you don't see a second one. I may fall asleep
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will do the phone thing but need to upload my previous scan first. just got home and am about to pass out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i don't smoke.. I smoked a few cigarettes a day for a year. honestly, 3 a day for about a year...other then that one cig a month. History of kidney cancer, had radical nephrectomy in 2013. looking for the scan from 3 months ago, cat scan showed a nodule
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
leave this open til i upload the other disc please night

that is fine. let me know when you get those scans uploaded so I can download

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvgvyrkbgg9o6rr/AAAiCl3CQHUimanV9qWFR7tCa?dl=0 i thinki i copied over the last one. Here it is, I think
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if you are unable to estimate the size to within a half a centimeter please inform me.. Thanks. Please give e time on Sunday in which we can speak. I am going into my sauna for a half houf and will check in a bit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the scan set from last Sept 2017 and last march 2017 when the nodule was hardly visible.... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nogmgltbocqlc66/AACvPRCwUs-pkESWmlRBvkwPa?dl=0
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
dr david. have you downloaded it yet
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello

I downloaded the chest CT scan from January

it is definitely gotten larger since January.

It measured about 1cm back in january you need to get the L lung nodule biopsied

I found the other nodule in the right anterior lower lobe lung next to the heart

it measure about 2.5 to 3cm in size.

it has not grown as much since january, but still looks unusual and is accessable to a CT guided biopsy which can be done by an interventional radiologist.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was said to be 3 to 3.5 is it possibly smaller. im in churrch. will call in 2 hrs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what r the 2 sizes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i give u 5 stRs

you have to scroll up to see the ratings area

the mass in the right anterior lung is 3 cm in size.

the mass in the left lung next to the aorta is also 3 cm in size as well.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
today anytime....thanks...i have my cell. or you can text me telling me to call you
Phone call session started

arrow

arrow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
before I write a review I wish you would answer me the one question that was left unanswered. I do not need to hear that it does not matter, I will decide what matters. Did the other tumor shrink, stay the same or grow...even just a slight amount. I understand you say it does not matter but even to a fraction of a centimeter, has the size of the other tumor on the edge, changed and to what degree...Thank you

no, I don't think it changed, the mass in the right lung next to the heart

sometimes a chest CT scan can catch a tumor mass at slightly different position or breathing cycle

so sometimes tumors can look slightly different from CT scan to CT scan

so, no I don't think the right tumor mass shrunk down in size.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
dr david. there was an enlarged lymph node three months ago. do you the size of it now? is it still there?

I didn't look for a lymph node.

did you get a biopsy of those lung masses to see if they were kidney cancer?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
not yet but I'm pretty sure they are
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician