Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 44 yr old male, and in the last couple of weeks I've…

I'm a 44 yr...

I'm a 44 yr old male, and in the last couple of weeks I've had an outbreak of hard lumps under the skin. Most are round, but some of them I have squeezed so hard that they have now become flat, irregular in shape, and larger. Is that a lipoma?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

This all started happening about 2-4 weeks ago Maybe 6 weeks I have not noticed any changes in my skin or nails

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been rather sedentary lately....little to no exercise, and I'm probably about 15-20 lbs overweight

3/17/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

May I know where do you have these lumps?how many lumps?

Are these painful?Have you been unwell recently?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I noticed the first one in my inner thigh about 6 weeks ago, and I seem to be getting more and more of them each day or so. I now have probably a dozen or so located both thighs, both of my upper arms near my triceps, my lower back along my waistline and one in my midsection on the side below my ribcage
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If/when I squeeze them, they become swollen, and the surface of my skin becomes red and inflamed. A bruise will form a day or so later. They also change shape after squeezing them from round to flat and irregular shaped

These lumps are not due to lipoma.

Lipoma does not present like this.

This is most likely a result of a viral inflammation your lymph nodes.This enlargement would resolve on its own.

I would suggest you to never squeeze or pinch these.

You can have these examined by your PCP.

From what your telling me this is most likely a result of some viral inflammation that subsides on its own after some time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where/how would I get the viral inflammation?

This can happen anytime anywhere.

This is not lipoma.

You can have these examined as well.

You don't have any concerning signs that would suggest any bacterial infection of lymph nodes or anything suspicious.

I would suggest you to have these examined.

You can have a blood test called full blood count as well.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Two last questions...would they take 2 months or more to go away, and is there any correlation with adderral? I was prescribed that recently as well.

Yes it can take 2 months and even more to go away.

No it does not have any correlation with adderall.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor