Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I talked to you on Monday night or Tuesday night, having…

Customer Question
I talked to you on...
I talked to you on Monday night or Tuesday night, having problems with very high blood pressure. You advised me that I should seek urgent or emergent care. I visited the urgent care clinic for the hospital my PCP. Without even seeing me, they told me to go to the emergency room, because I would see my PCP in 2 days.Not surprisingly, she said this was very very serious. I can give your more details, but I have one very specific question.Is it safe for me to travel to Australia in 3 days? The trip entails 8 hours of domestic air travel followed by 16 hours (non stop). My BP is responding to clonidine ... until it wears off.I did not think to ask my PCP because my blood pressure has been easily controlled for15 yrs or more.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/17/2018
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. If your bp is controlled, its safe to fly. If its uncontrolled its not safe