Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

As I diagnosed with herpes how can I have sex with my

Hi sir , as I...
Hi sir , as I diagnosed with herpes how can I have sex with my partner can I never have sex without condom . As I don’t intend to spread .
Today while we were having sex the condom broke as we realised it later she is aware of my status . We are very worried that she might get the disease . What should we do now .is there a possibility that it wudnt have spread
3/17/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you currently have any type of injury?

were you treated for herpes

sir I took valcovir for 10 days as I diagnosed 1 month back cymurrentky don’t have any sore or injury

If you do not have any injury that indicates virus activity you should not be alarmed, the virus is only transmitting layers when there is any obvious injury or is active, otherwise you should not be alarmed.
The most important thing is if there is any type of injury, ulcer, blister, redness and pain in the genitals or pubic zone that indicate the activity of the virus.
You can have a sex life without risk provided the virus is not active.

do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Sir I don’t have any of the following . My I have both herpes 1&2 in my blood test . Should I get my girl friend a blood test and what should I do . How often should I continue the medication

You should not be alarmed if you do not have any symptoms you should not worry because the virus is inactive and can not be transmitted.
You can get the HSV2 virus but I do not consider it necessary since you have no symptoms and received a very good treatment.

The Herpes e sun virus that is not eliminated is only controlled and at some moment when the defenses are low the virus can be reactivated you do not have to have a strict control, it should only be controlled when having symptoms

do you have any questions?

Sir I have both hsv 1 and hsv 2 in my blood . I am worried that I might transfer it to my girl friend as the condom broke .
What are the chances that I might transfer the virus to her ? Does she need to get the blood test done ?

the probability is zero since you do not have the active virus.
For your peace of mind your partner can perform HSV 2,

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Thanks sir
I hope this information will be helpful.Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

its has been a pleasure.