Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the last 6 months I’ve been inquiring about this dull…

Hello, so for the last...
Hello, so for the last 6 months I’ve been inquiring about this dull and achy pain I feel in my upper left back that sometimes radiate alongside my rib to the front of my upper left abdomen, almost feeling cramp and sometimes sharp like and a tingling sensation. When I do feel the pain it usually starts later on in the night or when I’ve been standing in an awkward position for too long or hunched forward or when I’m on the computer leaning forward for too long. I have to admit I also have pretty poor posture most of the time. No of the areas are tender to the touch, no gastric or stool issues. And blood results are perfect. I’m a 26 year old male. I visited my primary care provider in regards ***** ***** issue thinking maybe I need tests done. I told him the pain subsides when I lay back and/or lay down. He states because of some of the motions I’ve done in the gym through out the summer, I’m suffering from a sprained muscle. My worry is that it might be a organ or something more serious. He recommended a heated pad and cooling pad for the pain. Also I’m not sure if a sprain can even last for that long without healing on it’s own and what the tingling sensation in the upper left abdomen has to do with it. Should I visit a physical therapist? Thoughts on what this sully achy back pain that sometimes radiate along the adjacent rib to the front of the upper left abdomen might be?
3/16/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Have you had any pain while passing urine?

Any blood in urine?Have you lost any weight since last 6 months?

How is your appetite?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appetite is normal, no weight loss, no blood in urine, no pain while passing urine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Blood work and urine came out completely normal few weeks ago

This is indeed most probably a muscle strain.

As if it was due to any organ abnormality then your blood and urine tests would have shown some findings.

Muscle sprain can last for this long.

At this region the kideny is situated but pain due to kidney issue is associated with blood in urine and the urine test is not normal plus it is not associated with posture.

Your symptoms are of muscular pain

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You don’t think it’s maybe the lungs?

No this is definitely not due to lungs.

This is a muscular pain not related with any organ.

Yes you can see a physiotherapist for suitable exercises.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do. Thank you for your help! Even if the pain starts late at night still nothing to do with the organs because of the pain associated with the muscle with movement?

Yes this pain is not associated with an organ.I'm very sure on this.

Thanks

Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor