Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does it mean when urin is dark. Not yet. Ending

What does it mean...

What does it mean when urin is dark

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not yet. Ending antibiotics from root canal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hepatitis b when I was a kid

3/16/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information

How old are you?

How many days do you have with this color?
Is the color dark red, brown, dark green, dark yellow?

57. Just noticed this morning. Kinda dark red/ brown

In this case the dark color of the urine is due to the antibiotic.
Abnormal urine color may be caused by infection, medicines or foods you eat, and B vitamins or carotene.
In your case you should not be alarmed as you are taking antibiotics, once you have stopped the antibiotic it will take on its natural colour.
I suggest you drink plenty of fluids so that it clears up more quickly.

do you have any questions?

Thanks. That’s a relief

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas