Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a cough fever runny nose. At what point to I go…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a cough fever runny nose. At what point to I go to a doctor

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

2 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How much fever do you have? Do you also have headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain etc?

Are you a healthy person?

Headache- yes a heathy person

I am sorry I had to step out.

Well it looks like you got a viral infection possibly flu. If you are a healthy person, then you would come out without any problem. Most people recover from it with conservative measures at home and does not need special treatment. However, if you have any weak immunity or age above 65, you would be at risk of complication. In that case, you can visit your doctor for confirmation and anti-viral meds if flu.

Most people recover from it within a week, so you can expect similar.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.