Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Husband went to emergency room and diagnosed with Afib and…

Customer Question
Husband went to emergency...

Husband went to emergency room and diagnosed with Afib and Bronchitis. He is taking Carvedilol 6.25 twice a day. He feels now that the Bronchitis has cleared that he really doesn't need the Carvedilol. It causes insomnia and wierd dreams. How slow should he wean off the Carvedilol?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Insomnia and wierd dreams. He switched his evening dose to lunch and it's a little better

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

HypoThyroid on Synthroid 200 mg

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Just Synthroid, allergic to penicillin Also 81 mg aspirin

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I think his doctor gave him Carvedilol for atrial fibrillation. It was not for bronchitis. It's good to know that his bronchitis has improved, but you can not go off Carvedilol without consulting his doctor. If he is getting side effects, his doctor can switch him to another meds to serve the purpose.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

You did not give me any info that I did not already know. Please provide a full refund.

No problem. I sent your request to customer service. They will be in touch with you very soon.