Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tingling/crawling/itching sensation in and around…

Hi Dr. I have...

Hi Dr. I have a tingling/crawling/itching sensation in and around my anus. I also have a thrush that is going away slowly after reducing my stress. I had on going unprotected sex with a girl I met online since january. We would have sex at least once or twice a week. The very last time we had sex which was a month and a half ago I started out with a latex condom and took it out and then had sex without protection and then I got a burning sensation on the part of penis close to the testicles. I stopped and washed it and then sprayed alcohol on the area and it hurt so bad. Since then I avoided her and everything was ok but I was just feeling weird. So I went to do an STD test after about 3 weeks. While waiting on the results anxiety kicked in and I was googling every possible thing. I was convinced I had some sort of virus or disease. I became stressed and constantly worried. My legs were tingling and I was thinking of a negative outcome. I started buying all types of herbal medications online/changed my diet. So I called the doctor to ask if I could come into clinic a little earlier. She gave me the results and I was negative for everything but I had a positive herpes HPV-1 virus. Which I don't know when I got because I last got tested like 3 yrs ago. I developed saggy/red/itchy testicles. I applied oil of oregano to it and felt like I burned off my testicles. It was soooo painful. I cooled it in the shower for about 15mins. It looked like there was eczema growing on the testicles/inner thighs. They got burned off and peeled away. very little to no sagging anymore. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics and then the thrush I developed after taking tylenol extra strength became worse. Recently I stopped stressing out/worrying and all these symptoms subsided. The thrush is going away and sagging is all reducing. I called the girl and she told me she tested negative for everything too. I started drinnking probiotic drinks recently and then yesterday i developed the itching/crawling/tingling in my anus and area around. I am starting to freak out again. HELP!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

A little over 2 weeks. When I think of it less I feel much better. But the sooner I feel something weird. I start to worry. I am in a constant battle with my mind and thinking of possible adverse outcomes.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've never really had medical issues before. I remember I was once infected with latent TB but I was treated and it was gone for good. Also the tylenol extra strength made my mouth so dry. Thtat's when I developed thrush. Then not too ong after i was prescribed antibiotics and made my mouth still dry but the sagging/itching of my testicles went away. Still some redness but is decreasing. I have less desire to eat, or even want to have sex. At some point I was peeing frequently and getting thirsty a lot before and when I was on the antibiotics.

3/16/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi... I understand your concern.
I have thoroughly read through your question and after good symptom analysis I feel that you have a recurrent episodes of oral thrush and candidal infection in the genital area. It is very common during stress.The very fact that your Dr has called back and told that everything has turned out to be negative is a very good news.Many young men have this sort of symptoms after they start thinking that their partner might have transmitted a sexually transmitted disease. But in fact all these are symptoms of stress and nothing else. Even the oral Thrush can come during stress and moreover you have used antibiotics also which is predisposing condition for oral Thrush and also fungal infection in the genital area.The very fact that you are partner has also tested negative for everything is a very good news for you.Dryness of mouth and feeling a lot more thirsty is also common during antibiotic therapy in some individuals.As of now I understand that you are undergoing a highly stressful and answers period and you need to calm yourself down.It is more easier said than done and I know that very well.But as a professional who has seen many such cases of anxiety and stress, when there is a suspicion about the partner transferring sexually transmitted disease, I reassure you that you are completely Hale and healthy and you need not worry about anything and especially not about any sexually transmitted disease.If you are still in doubt I suggest that you upload all the blood test which you have done till now regarding this problem and I will see and and back to you positively." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
why do I have an itching/crawling/tingling sensation in my anus?
The reasons for itching crawling sensation at the anus could be -
1. Fungal infection from the groin area spreading backwards.
2. An unrelated worm infestation causing this symptoms is very much a possibility. You can take over the counter Albendazole 400mg single dose today and repeat dose after 10 days. This should settle if it is because of an unrelated parasitic infestation.
3. The least and the third possibility is psychological stress and anxiety causing this type of symptoms in the anal region which is also well reported in medical literature.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani