Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My fingertips have been getting tingly and/or numb for a few…

Customer Question
My fingertips have been...

My fingertips have been getting tingly and/or numb for a few weeks. even when im not using my hands. 47 year old male.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

It just comes and goes. im 20 lbs overweight. on meds for hbp and high chlorestral

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have numbness in all fingertips of both hands?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No just left hand. Not in pinky or thumb.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, such symptoms can occur due to- Nerve root compression of cervical spine with Ulnar nerve entrapment.

You may be advised Nerve conduction studies to identify where exactly nerve is being compressed.

You can follow below measures-

1. You would require Bracing or splinting. Doctor may prescribe a padded brace or split to wear at night to keep elbow in a straight position.

2. You should Avoid activities that require you to keep your arm bent for long periods of time. You can take frequent breaks while typing.

3. Your doctor can advise, Nerve gliding exercises.

Such exercises help the ulnar nerve slide through the cubital tunnel at the elbow and the Guyon's canal at the wrist can improve symptoms. These exercises may also help prevent stiffness in the arm and wrist.

4. Also Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines and corticosteroid pills can be prescribed.

5. Physical therapy will also be helpful. It includes- Short wave diathermy, Infra red, Wax therapy.
6. Also the use of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), is very helpful.

7. You should avoid over exposure to cold temperature.

This is a nerve compression, and you would get good results, with above measures.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor