Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My platelet count is 409. The lab's normal range is 150-379.

Customer Question
My platelet count is...

My platelet count is 409. The lab's normal range is 150-379. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Not sure which are associated. I have been extremely tired for a long period of time, I am anemic (9.7), and I have had significant weight loss (approx. 50 lbs.) without dieting.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Somewhat, yes.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My Ferritin is 8.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Are you experiencing any chronic fever or severe body pains?
3. Are there any visible swellings in your neck region or armpits or in the groins?
4. Are you having any abdominal distension or pain?
5. Are you having any blood loss either in the motion or if you are a female, in the form of excessive periods?
6. Can you upload all your blood tests which you have done till now please?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Family Physician, Doctor