Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday afternoon while at work I experienced some

Yesterday afternoon while at...

Yesterday afternoon while at work I experienced some tightness and pain in my chest. It passed in a short while, and never came back. This morning about 3:15 a.m. I awoke to what felt like a stomach ache at the top of my stomach. When I was 19 I experience a spasmatic ulcer and that's the same feeling, and in the same area that I am having now. However, I've gone to the bathroom about 4 times since 3:15 a.m. with diarreha. Because I wasn't hungry last night all I had for dinner was cereal. Currently, I'm not in pain but my stomach & chest feel somewhat tight. Is this simply indigestion? Thank you, Belinda

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I do not recall having this before, and no, I do not have any shortness of breath.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Several years ago, I had a chest pain that lasted a couple of hours & went to emergency. They gave me a nitrogen tablet under my tongue but I later saw a cardiologist and found that my heart skips a beat occasionally (approximately 400 times in a 24 hour period) as shown by wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If it is accompanied by diarrhea, it is most likely stomach cramp due to indigestion but it should not cause chest tightness. Considering the history , I would suggest seeing a doctor if it worsens or do no get better in a day or two. Meanwhile ginger and peppermint tea help with diarrhea.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Sorry, I forgot one symptom, a tend to get a little light-headed too. It's not constant, it comes-and-goes. Thank you!

This a symptom which can be both dehydration due to diarrhea or chest pain related to heart issue, it is better to get yourself examined and get an ekg.

Best wishes.

Thank you.