Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am always tired I have erectile dysfunction and weight…

Customer Question
I am always tired...

I am always tired I have erectile dysfunction and weight gain that no matter what I do I cannot lose the weight

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have spoken to my doctor had he had tested me for low testosterone and at that time it was low but not where he thought I should treat it.That was a few ears ago. What upsets me the most is the weight gain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

No ear issue, I am Diabetic have been for 50 years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am well under control my A-1C is 5.7 and has not gone over 6 in 5-years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Is this erectile dysfunction a new problem? Is it getting worse gradually? Any fluctuation, difference with new partner etc?

I have been married for 34 years and yes erectile dysfunctional n is getting worse
Lack of energy and weight gain

I see that you had blood test for testosterone. Did you get another one recently? Do you have any neurogenic complication related to your diabetes?

Have not had another blood test
I have absolutely no nerve problems

Thanks for the information.

Erectile dysfunction (ED) that results from a complex process; there are many contributing factors which could be physical, psychological, or drug induced.Thus, the cause of the problem has to be identified to get rid of this problem. Some of the known risk factors are: Medical conditions, particularly diabetes or heart conditions; Tobacco use, Being overweight, especially if you're obese; Certain medical treatments, such as prostate surgery; Injuries, particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections; Medications, including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate conditions;Psychological conditions, such as stress, anxiety or depression;Drug and alcohol use, especially if you're a long-term drug user or heavy drinker.

There are many treatment options available now a days. All these treatment options are not suitable for everyone so you need to try different options to find the suitable one. It is always better to see your doctor so that they can assess your health condition and suggest you the best suitable option for your problem. Sometimes combination or a new treatment options are used to get better outcome. Often, meds like cialis is very effective for this problem.

In your case, I would think about obesity as a major contributor for this problem, but you can get another blood test for testosterone.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.