Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My niece gainned a lot if weight in a couple of months ago,

her diet is lean, leafy...
My niece gainned a lot if weight in a couple of months ago, her diet is lean, leafy green, nuts, 2nd year of college, active in social/sports. What could contribute to sudden weight gain? Nope not pregnant, on birth control. Hmm could bControl do that?
3/16/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, birth control can be a cause but if this happened quickly over period of one to two months it is better to get her tested for thyroid as well as reproductive hormones and screening for cushings to rule out any abnormality.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor