Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE HAD A BAD CHEST COLD FOR A FEW WEEKS & HAVE BEEN

Customer Question
I HAVE HAD A BAD...
I HAVE HAD A BAD CHEST COLD FOR A
FEW WEEKS & HAVE BEEN SITTING UP
IN A CHAIR WHILE SLEEPING. I HAVE
ALSO BEEN EXPOSED TO A COLD
ENVIRONMENT FOR A FEW DAYS.LAST WEEK I HAVE BEGUN TO HAVE
SWELLING IN FEET & LEGS (BOTH KNEES DOWN). HAVE SOAKED FEET IN SALT WATER WHICH REMOVED SWELLING
FROM FEET BUT IT IS STILL IN KNEES &
CALF AREA.
HAVE BEEN GOING TO WORK THIS WEEK
WHICH INVOLVES SITTING FOR 8 HOURS.HAVE TRIED RAISING LEGS AT WORK BUT IT JUST MAKES KNEES
HARDER TO BEND AT END OF DAY.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Do you have any heart, liver or kidney problem? When was your last physical exam?

Is there any pain or just swelling? Difficulty in walking?

NO PAIN. NO OTHER PROBLEMS OTHER THAN A CHEST COLD WHICH I HAVE BEEN
USING A TUSSIN BASED PRODUCT TO THIN MUCUS.
DIFFICULTY IN WALKING BECAUSE OF KNEES & PROBABLY SOME DEHYDRATION BECAUSE
I HAVE BEEN AT WORK.
USE EMAIL PLEASE
IS ANYONE ON LINE ?
HELLO ***** LOGGED IN ?
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. The premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age please?

2. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?

3. Are you an asthmatic?

4. Is the cough disturbing your sleep and daily activities?

5. How is your urine out put?

6. Is your abdomen distended and are you having any pain in the abdomen?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.