Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have fever chest congestion and cough. Now I feel this…

Customer Question
I have fever chest...

I have fever chest congestion and cough. Now I feel this spongy feeling on my face. I am a bit dehydrated too? Am a diabetic so bit scarred

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

First it used to be around the nose some times. Noticed it around two months back. But never on my face

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes and hypertension

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Spongy feeling of chest is not likely due to any serious issue like stroke. This is a part of manifestation of infection. You may have bronchitis, walking pneumonia (mild grade lung infection); both of which will need a course of antibiotics.

Deep breathing exercises, rest, plenty of fluids and probiotics would help you.

Bronchitis is treated as following;

1) Adequate rest / bed rest if symptoms are severe.

2) cough suppressants such as codeine and dextromethorphan.

3) ipratropium bromide

4) theophylline

5) Occasionally antibiotics may be prescribed.

6) Zinc supplement; this increases the body immunity.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The spongy feeling is on the face not on the chest

Sorry for it.

I meant it to be face. This is typing error.

An infection can cause myriad of symptoms.

If your blood pressure and blood sugar are controlled, please do not worry.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor