Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Starting to have tingle in my right hand and seem like my…

Customer Question
Starting to have tingle...

Starting to have tingle in my right hand and seem like my arm is a little swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries. Just realize the swelln last night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have thyroids.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age & gender?

Any pain in right hand?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of tingling sensation & mild swelling in right hand/arm can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

As you are diagnosed with thyroid disease,this can be a probable cause.

The underlying cause of tingling should be identified and then treated by your doctor.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV)

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh