Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having chest pains on the left side for weeks…

Customer Question
Hello, I have been...

Hello, I have been having chest pains on the left side for weeks now. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and they did an ekg and found some irregularities so I went for a chest exray. That came up fine. Then went for blood tests , that came up with high cholesterol . Scheduled a stress test but can’t get in until April. When I lay down my chest pinches sort of pain tonight. Maybe I am over exaggerating . I am not sure what to do

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

The pain has been for weeks now but it seems to be getting worse. I am frustrated because my doctor doesn’t seem to think it’s a big deal

Doctor's Assistant: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?

He wanted me to get a stress test, blood work and a chest exray

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was in a horrible motorcycle accident 4 years ago and it crushed my breast implants. I had them removed last year but when they were in surgery, the damage was so severe, they had to give me a partial mastectomy. I just had an ultrasound and a mamo to check for problems . Found nothing but my left breadt( which is the one that was an issue) is very hard and my left nipple itches like crazy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Is your left sided chest pain episodic or continuous?

Was an ultrasound of heart (echocardiography) done?

Do you have heartburn, acid reflux, anxiety?

I am 55 my left side is episodic but when I lay down tonight it hurts. No heartburn no acid reflux maybe anxiety due to these issues

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Ok thank u
Oh forgot to tell u. Chest exray done last week. No enlargement of the heart

You need following investigations;

1) Echocardiography

2) 24 hours Holter monitoring of EKG.

You may consider going to urgent care, where echocardiography may be done.

Your doctor need to schedule the stress test early.

I am not saying, you have an heart disease (you may have or you may not). But that can only be determined by the investigative work up and thus they are needed early.

The other causes of chest pain are;

a) Your lingering breast issue.

b) Esophageal spasm.

c) Muscular chest pain / costochondritis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I tried getting the stress test early they said they were booked up, why is my left nipple itching? Something is wrong but I can’t seem to get answers. I will follow up with the docs tomorrow . Thank you!

You are very welcome.

The itching nipple can be due to just allergy or dermatitis or inflammation due to surgery.

Do not read too much on the internet where the search engines would say it as Paget's disease and increase your anxiety.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.