Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Lately, experiencing burning feeling in my mouth (tongue,

second opinion] Lately, experiencing burning...
second opinion] Lately, experiencing burning feeling in my mouth (tongue, throat). Eyes are also feel this way. Lips are a bit dry too. My tongue also always has a white coating each morning. What’s the cause of these problems?
3/16/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...the burning sensation in the mouth, dry lips could be due to the same dryness causing watering of eyes and ambient weather. But the white coating on the tongue could be oral thrush.

May I request you to upload an image of the tongue please.

Okay

Hello, I have seen the image. This does not look like oral thrush. But I observe that the tongue is rather dry.

The whitish coating is significant only if there is fever daily and pain in the tummy suggestive of typhoid which is highly unlike in your case.

I feel that you may be under hydrated.

I suggest you keep yourself well hydrated with good amount of water to avoid this dryness of lips and for the coating on the tongue you need to daily use a tongue cleaner twice a day at least and a listerine mouth wash please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Good advice. Thank you very much.