Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I know if I need to drink more water? My eyes burn,

so does my throat and...
How can I know if I need to drink more water? My eyes burn, so does my throat and tongue. Are these signs of dehydration?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you are having of burning throat and tongue can most likely be due to a condition which is medically called as glossodynia. It is burning feeling on/of the tongue

Its exact cause is not known. Following factors may cause this:dry mouth (xerostomia),nutritional deficiencies,nerve damage to nerves that control taste and pain in the tongue,changes in hormones or the immune system,psychological conditions such as anxiety or depression,infections of the mouth, caused by bacteria or fungus (thrush).

Drinking water can provide only temporary relief.

Its treatment include : A lozenge-type form of the anticonvulsant medication clonazepam (Klonopin), Low doses of benzodiazepine, antidepressant or anticonvulsant drugs, supplements or diet changes for nutritional deficiencies,special oral rinses or mouth washes.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause of this burning sensation & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor