Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had pain in the back of myknee...sometimes going into…

Customer Question
I have had pain...

I have had pain in the back of myknee...sometimes going into the calf... I'm worried

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I had a car accident in Dec...my car rolled down a hill with me hanging out and running along sidr...pain didn't start until a few weeks later...sitting for long time it stiffen up...bending my knee up..or putting my leg on the other leg to put on socks makes it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Bouts of sciatica in the past...and

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This seems to be related to nerve problem, the cause seems to be trauma. I would recommend you to see a pain physician or a neurosurgeon as you need a thorough examination and a scan to make an exact diagnosis and he can offer a steroid shot as well for long-term relief. Meanwhile, you can apply ibuprofen cream over it.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I am always thinking the worst...tumor..cancer etc.causes anxiety

Thanks for the reply.

No, it does not seems to be cancer or tumor so nothing much to worry about and do not be anxious.

Please do not forget to leave 5 stars.

Best wishes.