Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a little yellowish bump the size of a pea under my…

I have a little...

I have a little yellowish white bump the size of a pea under my tonsil. Is it normal, or should I be concerned? It irritates my tonsil when I swallow.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have a sore tonsil, i had a slight temperature this morning, and I had a migraine over the last 2 days

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It's a constant headache, I haven't had any nausea

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
22, female I just noticed it 20 minutes ago after eating. I haven't taken any medicine. I tried to gargle with water but it didn't help. My throat is irritated.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms sound like an infection.
A bacterial infection can be there.
It can cause rise of temperature, headache.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
A throat swab can be taken.
Antibiotic can be required.
Ibuprofen or tylenol can be taken now.
Please take plenty of fluid.
You can do warm salt,water gargling.
1/2 tsf salt in 8 oz. of warm water would be good.
Please keep the room warm & humidified.
I hope all these measures would give relief.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help, this answer was useful

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)