Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if you could help me figure out what's the…

Hi, I was wondering...

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what's the cause of my symptoms. Over the past week's I've had this weird wet water sensation on both my skin and in my head. For my skin, it feels like a drop of water fell on my skin, it's a sensation frankly. It isn't accompanied with any other symptoms, and it's just one drop on any part of my skin at any random time. For my head, it feels like a cup of water is in a part of my head, and by part I mean left or right side of my head. It isn't accompanied with any other symptoms. They're very short sensation. The drop thing is like a second long and the head thing can be from 5 seconds to 20 max. I have anxiety and derealization so maybe it's anxiety? Do i have MS?? Please help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

For about two weeks. I'm not aware of anything that affects them.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Other information:
*I have eczema
*I rarely get sick
*I'm not on medication
*I am a teenager
*all my other symptoms are from anxiety
*I have a very unhealthy diet
3/16/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have been having symptoms as you have described above and you have been wondering whether this could be MS related. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns, kindly answer to these below posted questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) I know you have mentioned no other symptoms but I am just doubt checking to make sure I have received all the necessary information before I give you my diagnosis; are there any additional symptoms such as - headaches, neck stiffness, nausea/vomiting, fever, tingling (pins & needle sensation), or numbness, or loss of sensation anywhere on the body, any facial droop, one sided weakness of the arms or legs, gait difficulties, speech or swallowing difficulties, double vision, blurring of vision, loss of vision in one eye, dizziness, vertigo (spinning sensation), sensitivity to light or sound, joint pain, joint swelling, loss of appetite, loss of weight, progressive weakness of the muscles, progressive atrophy of the muscles (loss of muscle bulk), bladder or bowel disturbances etc?

2) How is the anxiety condition recently?

3) Is there any excessive stress recently?

4) Are there any issues such as lack of sufficient sleep, dehydration, work overload, missing food etc?

5) Are there any already diagnosed medical health conditions such as high blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, low blood sugar, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

6) Any family history of any neurological illnesses?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ah excellent.1) These are my current symptoms but they are anxiety related.
*derealization (daily thing)
*lightheadedness
*unsteadiness
*weird stiff feeling on left side
*stuttering problems
*difficulty swallowing pizza
*wacky thoughts
*heart palpitations
*facial pain
*panic attacks
*mood swings
*choking sensation
*loss of breath
*trembling
*increased heart rate(70 or 80 BPM)Now alot of these have went down massively since I started treating my anxiety. The heart palpitations, weird feeling on left side, and lightheadedness are very rare. I used to have muscle tension like pain, pins and needles and low energy but they went away for good. All the other symptoms except for the derealization have decreased massively. The panic attacks aren't as bad as they used to be. One abnormality is I woke up with a dead arm a month ago.2) its pretty severe but it has gotten better. I've made lots of progress through mediation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc.3) not really. Sure I get frustrated every now and then and my temper is pretty bad but I don't have any stress to be honest. My doctor said my blood pressure is a little high but they didn't give me a number.4) very unhealthy diet consisting of some junk food, and not much fruit and veggies. Some days I'm very hungry and some days I have a lose of appetite. I get barely any exercise and I look at a computer screen for most of the day.5) No6) no

Okay I see. I appreciate for all these additional information. I am preparing & typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready. Typing may take few minutes and I will follow up with you and post my answer here the moment I finish with my typing.

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

First of all I want to inform and reassure you, you are definitely not a case of MS

In fact there is absolutely no suspicion for ms in you

This not how ms presents

Your clinical history is not at all pointing towards the possibility of ms for the following reasons;

First of all a symptom such as the one you have described above is not considered as a symptom of ms

MS presents with certain very prominent or obvious symptoms such as severe blurring of vision or loss of vision in one eye, paralysis of limbs on one side, facial droop on one side, loss of sensation or numbness on one side of the body or face, speech or swallowing difficulties, double vision, gait difficulties etc but you are not having any such symptoms that are suspicious for ms

A symptom such as weird wet water sensation on the skin or in the head it is not how ms presents, rather ms should present with very prominent and obvious symptoms such as the ones I have mentioned earlier above.

And I see you have anxiety disorder, and the type of symptom you have mentioned above is typical for anxiety disorder rather than ms

Poor nutrition/unhealthy diet, lack of exercise etc too can cause or contribute to these types of symptoms, but certainly not due to ms

We can analyze your case from any angle but there is definitely no suspicion for ms in you

And not only this is not ms, there is no suspicion for any other neurological or medical conditions too in you that is causing this type of symptom

Once again I can categorically reassure you, you are definitely not a case of ms, this is not how ms presents, instead it is the anxiety disorder that is causing these types of new symptoms, and this needs proper treatment for the management of anxiety disorder, also trying to eat healthy and properly balanced diet and trying to get adequate exercise etc also can help you, and also I want to mention - you do not need any neurological tests such as any brain scan, or any other neurological or medical investigations because there is definitely no suspicion for ms or any neurological or any other medical issues in you, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much.I also have one more question. Why do I feel a heartbeat in strange places? For about a month now, I've felt a heartbeat in my head, in my hand when I press on it, and in the back of my neck I'm not entirely sure what it is.For my head, it only happens when my heart is beating really fast. Sometimes, I feel a heartbeat in the palm of either hand when I press it against something or when I hold something. I can feel it in the back of my neck when my heart is beating really fast too. I didn't tell my doctor about this because I wasn't concerned but after looking into it, it looks like I have a neurological problem. Although, Google gave me mixed results so that's why I'm asking.Can having a bad posture/lack of exercise lead to neurological problems? I literally spend most of the day sitting down and looking at a screen. I've done this since August last year and since then my posture has become really poor.Is the symptom anxiety related, or is it a neurological problem? Possibly a brain or heart problem? Please help

No problems, I am not at all suspecting any brain or heart problems in you, there is not even an iota of suspicion for brain or heart related problems in you. My diagnosis is as I had mentioned previously too, this is all anxiety related etc. You need to improve your posture, and try to do exercises etc, but these are not causing any neurological or heart issues in you.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)