Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I currently have little bumps in the corner of my mouth on…

Good afternoon I currently...

Good afternoon I currently have little bumps in the corner of my mouth on the inside

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No tooth pain but my lips are extremely dry and rough

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On the corners

I have low iron

3/16/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Good afternoon Dr.A

How old are you?

Are the bumps painful? How long have you noticed them?

Can you send a picture of the bumps?

I am 24 the bumps inside my mouth are not painful but my lips are dry
and yes i can send a picture

OK. I am waiting for the picture and then I will follow-up

Just wanted to see if your received the photos Dr.A

No, I have not received the photos. You can attach it to the message here.

Here are the photos
It’s kind of hard to see but my outer lips hurt I just happen to see the small bumps on the inside and my lips are dry

Yes, these are a little hard to see in the picture. However, from what I can see, it may be related to irritation due to the dryness of your lips. It could also be something called Fordyce spots. These are benign, harmless bumps that often appear on the lips. They are enlarged oil glands. They do not require any treatment unless they are causing cosmetic issues. Hope that was helpful.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
that was helpful doctor thank you so much.

My pleasure. Have a good day.