Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm calling today about the validity of vaccines such as…

I'm calling today about the...
I'm calling today about the validity of vaccines such as hep-a,b, and tdap
In brief I missed two of the tubes shots and want to know more about this
3/15/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician with over 15 years of clinical experience. I am and expert on vaccinations for children and adults and I am happy to help you. Can you please clarify what you meant by "In brief I missed two of the tubes shots"? What would you like to know specifically about the Hep A, B and Tdap vaccines?

Basically these ar the shots that were administered and to this date. I don't know which one but there's either have a or hep a or hep b that requires a three month repeat(twice). I can't recall which one it is that I need or if the one on this picture is even valid because I didn't get the other two

I see, thank you for that information. Your Tdap is good for 10 years, so no problem there. You need a 2nd hep A and a 3rd hep B to complete the series, and timing interval-wise, you can go ahead now. The 2nd hep A needs to be at least 6 months from the 1st one. The 3rd hep B needs to be 4 months after the 2nd, and 6 months after the 1st. In other words, you're good to go for your last hep A and B, which will provide you with lifetime immunity to hepatitis A and B viruses.

Any other questions I can help you with?

I hope I have provided you with helpful information in answering your question. Please let me know if you need anything else. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.

Ok that's is good news. There is no risk then that it has been too long and I have to start over is what you've stated I believe.

No, not at all, In fact, you're at just the right time now to receive both hep A and B vaccines to complete the series.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Great news thanks.