Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Every so often the back of my head, down by the top of my…

Every so often the...

Every so often the back of my head, down by the top of my neck gets very itchy. Not a little itchy but a very maddening itch. Then the next day it swells up were it was itchy. I get a bad headache, stiff neck, blurry vision, dizzy, and nauseous. Was wondering what this could be.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

It has happened about me about 4 times over the last 6 to 8 moths. months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, i'm pretty healthy otherwise.

3/15/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Your age and gender?

Do you have medical conditions?

How long does it take to recover from headache, neck stiffness, blurring vision, dizziness?

Any weakness, slurring speech, difficulty walking?

I'm 46 and female. No medical conditions. It takes me 1 to 3 days to recover. No on the weakness, slurring speech, and difficulty walking.

Thanks for the information.

Your symptoms can not be ignored at your age. It can be linked with brain, cervical spine, or mild infection. Since all these symptoms overlap from one condition to another, we can not pin point a specific cause based on symptoms. Since it has happened 4 times in 6-8 months, it's not something you can ignore, causes like TIA, MS, or degenerative joint problem need to be ruled out. Your doctor can run blood test, x-ray and MRI to get further details which will assist in final diagnosis.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that Ican get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor