Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I came down with the Flu on 2-22. I have had bronchitis and…

Customer Question
I came down with...

I came down with the Flu on 2-22. I have had bronchitis and been on inhalers, prednisone. I continue to have a hot feeling radiating in my chest, mid, continuing through the night. I still have a cough, clear and productive with sinus drainage. I take my allergy med and nose spray.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

I have had the cough since the first three days of the flu on 2.22. I feel nausea and this radiant warm feeling in the chest.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on meds for AFIB which is controlled. I saw my dr a week ago when she gave me the prednisone. I was given the tamflu the first week of my illness. I am 69 and in general good health.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/15/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dear *****ient, the sensation on your chest is caused by compression of the intercostal nerves.
Under each rib there are muscles (intercostal muscles) that contract sharply during coughing, which compress and irritate the nerves during the day.
When they are at rest they are still swollen and can cause changes in the sensitivity of the area where they are located. this is known as intercostal neuralgia.
Once the cough improves, the symptoms will disappear in about 10 days

Nausea is caused by coughing and inflammatory emniprocessing of the airways that are sensitive to the infection that has already passed.
You should not be alarmed as these symptoms slowly improve.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor