Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is this on my penis foreskin? Sexually active multiple…

What is this on my...
What is this on my penis foreskin?Sexually active multiple partnersProtected penetrative sex always but some unprotected oral occasionally.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No pain. No discharge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Been around for weeks
3/15/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, from the picture that you have attached, this does not seem like one of the common STDs like chlamydia, herpes etc because of the absence of pain and any redness etc in the region. There are two major possibilities here, the first one which seems to be more likely is that this is an early stage wart which is developing. A wart is a BENIGN growth on the penis which can develop because of the human papilloma virus or HPV. Many men get infected with the HPV virus especially those who have multiple partners, the problem with HPV is that it can still be transmitted despite you using condoms. Now HPV cannot be tested for with normal blood or urine tests in males and instead the only indication of the actual virus is via the appearance of warts in various areas of the body, most commonly the penis. Usually, in the early stages of a wart, it would start out as a pink or light brown growth which would, later on, adopt the more cauliflower-like appearance. It can grow over a period of a few weeks to months to reach its full size. Usually, the diagnosis is confirmed with the help of a close examination of the area. Now genital warts CAN be treated quite effectively with the use of topical medications like imiquimod or even with the use of cryotherapy or lasers which would either freeze or burn it off without causing any damage to the penis itself. The procedures are fairly simple and can be done in a single sitting depending on the size of the wart.

The other possibility is that of a Fordyce spot which can also occur in this manner however that is less likely because it would usually occur in multiple numbers but I would still keep the possibility open. Fordyce spots are enlarged sebaceous glands which require no treatment and usually disappear over the course of a few months. If they grow large in size then they can be removed.

I would suggest that you do have this evaluated closely by visiting a dermatologist.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it’s a wart. How long is the topical treatment?

It depends on the response to treatment, usually it is anywhere between 4 to 16 weeks. If the problems after 4 weeks then it is stopped, if not it is continued.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor