Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I haven't been to the actual doctor's yet because I don't…

I haven't been to...

I haven't been to the actual doctor's yet because I don't know if what's going on is actually serious. Hopefully someone can shed some light'

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Very irregular periods. And no

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Not in pain. Periods are what I need to talk about

3/15/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

How are your periods?
when was your last period?
how many days do they last?
when was your last gynecological control?

20.
No illnesses.
Until fairly recently my periods would be normal. Lasts 3-4 days. But this month, it has lasted almost 3 weeks (about 17 days). And it stopped 6 days ago. Then just last night it started again. I haven't been this year.

Last year you had your PAP?
Are you taking any birth control?
Do you have pain with the bleeding?

No I haven't been at all.
Not taking birth control.
No pain.

Have you had unprotected sex?

No I haven't

Dear friend, in your case, some pathologies that are frequent in your age group due to these metrorrhages should be ruled out.
The most common causes of metrorrhagia in your age are hormonal disorders such as polycystic ovary, endometriosis infections, or cervical cysts.
Sexually transmitted diseases should be ruled out.
All of them can be treated.
I think you should not be alarmed by other malignant diseases, as they are not in your age group.
but it is important to be able to evaluate you to see the source of the bleeding, hence we can suggest the necessary studies, such as hormonal studies and abdominal ultrasound.

Do you have any questions?

No I don't. Thank you

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas