Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question regarding a spot in the inside of my

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding a spot in the inside of my mouth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No pain and no swelling. It is a white spot with reddish center on the inside of my cheek.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, but is there an ENT available?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a spot on the inside of my face cheek. It has white borders which feel rough when I touch it with my tongue. The center seems smooth. The white ring (borders) are a bit raised on the one segment of the circle. It is approx 2 mm. I have had it for about 7-10 days. I keep touching it with my tongue so I know I am probably irritating it. It does not bleed. It has not hurt at all and still does not hurt. I am a 50 year old female. I don't smoke or chew (and never have). I drink 1-2 glasses of alcohol per week. I am overweight. I have not been the dentist for about 3-4 years. I don't know if has changed in appearance since I got it because I only looked at it with a flashlight for the first time yesterday. But based on touching it with my tongue, it does not feel like it has changed. I have uploaded two pictures. They are not the best pictures because it is hard to photograph. It looks like a symmetrical ulcer with borders but it is not going away like an ulcer would. I am concerned that it is oral cancer. Will you advise?
3/15/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I am looking forward to your response.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. How long has it been there?

2. Is it painful - so as to wake up from sleep?

3. Does it bleed on touch?

4. Are there any neck swellings?

5. Do you have recurrent fever?

6. Is there any significant weight loss or loss of appetite?

7. Any family history or oral cancer?

8. Do you develop oral ulcers or aphthous ulcers during stress?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been there 7-10 days.
No it is NOT painful. It does not wake me.
It does not bleed.
No neck swellings that I am aware of. I have checked.
No fever.
No weight loss or appetite change.
No family history of oral cancer.
No, I do not develop ulcers under stress.

Hi... I do not think you need to worry about 7 days of oral ulcer which is not extremely painful and not bleeding on touch.

But I suggest -

1. Use Benzalkonium gel for application over the ulcer for 5 days thrice a day before food.

2. Be on look out for the symptoms I have asked for.

3. If not healing in another 7 days, you need to have a dental consultation please.

But as of now I can assure you that you need not worry about oral cancer please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you do think it is an ulcer?

Yes please...it is an ulcer. Though pic is not clear, central pink smoothness with white serrated borders suggestive of aphthous ulcer please.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD