Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a question regarding throat pain. No fever, 2-weeks. I…

I had a question...

I had a question regarding throat pain.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No fever, 2-weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had weird thyroid symptoms in the past, but never enough to warrant having medication. I did just have an ultrasound on my thyroid a few days ago. Just waiting on the results.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The feeling in my throat is like as if I have swallowed a pill dry. It is very uncomfortable, and I'm afraid it is cancer. I can feel it right in my sternum and into my back. Seen a doctor twice, no strep throat, no weird tonsil looking. Not swollen. The dr noticed my thyroid looks a bit larger on the right side -- but she was NOT sure if that was just my personal physiology.
3/15/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Hello, I´m Dr. RubioWelcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information

How old are you?
Can you send me an image of the throat if possible?
Do you suffer from any disease?
What is your job?
You smoke?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 32...(almost 33)
I have high(er) blood pressure and take hydroclorothiazide (10mg/daily)
I am suffer from high anxiety
I am a graphic designer and work at home
I do not/never smoked or drink
I will take a picture, just in a public place right now. The doctor only noticed it because she watched me swallow and it shifted more to the left...but it does not appear obvious to people I ask tho.

Do you suffer from gastritis or frequent reflux?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It almost feels like my throat is damaged, it's so weird feeling. Like it's scratchy and a bit harder to swallow. Breathing is fine, I just feel it in there.That is interesting you ask, when I saw my doctor to begin with I was put on an acid reflux medication. But after two weeks it does not seem to have made any difference. I don't think I suffer, with knowledge with acid reflux tho. I have had my gallbladder removed about 10-years ago as well.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did stop eating grains/complex carbs since last November, so basically eating more Keto. Not sure if that is making a difference.

ok, Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you :)

Dear *****ient, after all your symptoms, I consider that you should not be alarmed, as some conditions must be ruled out first. The inflammation symptoms of the throat should be investigated very well, the first thing that should be ruled out is an infection that in your case is already ruled out.
Other causes of chronic pharyngitis are allergic to chemicals, animals, dust or environment.
And a very frequent is the one generated by gastroesophageal reflux or gastritis since the acids ascend through the esophagus to the throat keeping them irritated, often this condition is not very visible, for this it is necessary to perform an upper digestive endoscopy and be evaluated by a gastroenterologist
It is also important to wait for the thyroid ultrasound because depending on what your doctor has evaluated, you can suggest a thyroid cause.
But I do not think you should be alarmed by a cancer, until it is evaluated correctly.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it normal to feel the pain in my back? To be fair, I have had 3-massages in the last week to help relieve some pain that I thought as being caused by it. You wouldn't be worried it is something really bad tho?

If it is caused by a reflux, the pain can be reflected in the back, stomach and chest is the only relationship that could have your sore throat with back pain.
Stress also influences mcuho in these diseases.
it is best to improve the diet as soon as possible, wait for the result of ultrasound and suggest starting with a gastric protector such as omeprazole 20mg daily, then an anti-reflux such as Domperidone can be associated,

hope this information will be helpful.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor