Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a knot under my chin what could that indicate. I took…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a knot under my chin what could that indicate

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

I took some ibuprofen yesterday but I don't really have any symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No I havent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that I know of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

What is the size? Can you move it around? Is it painful to touch?

Its not painful but a little uncomfortable to touch

Thanks for the information.

You don't seem to have any other alarming symptoms at this time. This lump does not sound like anything serious. Most likely it's a swollen lymph node in response to infection. These are usually harmless and tend to subside over 4-5 weeks as your body clears infection. Little bit of discomfort while touching is suggestive of infection related swelling. You can continue to take OTC pain meds and warm compresses for symptomatic relief.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
OK thank you.

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.