Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small lump on the outside of the rectem. A few

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small lump on the outside of the rectem

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

A few months it is hard

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/15/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Is it painful to touch?

Do you suffer from constipation?

Pain while passing stool?

Age?

Any other associated symptoms?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Not painful no pain passing stool age 69 no constipation I do have IBS

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, such symptoms can come from a few causes. These are-

1. It can be hemorrhoid. It is a very common issue. It is swollen veins in the lower rectum and anus.

2. It can also be a skin tag, It is a harmless growth that hangs off the skin. A skin tag is normally flesh colored, but it can sometimes have a brownish color.

3. Perianal hematoma or anal vein thrombosis or external hemorrhoidal thrombosis hematoma.

Without examination, it may not be possible to reach precise diagnose, and I hope you understand.
Please get the lump examined. If it is due to hemorrhoids or skin tag, and you have no symptom, then you do not need treatment.

It doesn't sound to be related with any serious issue.

I would suggest, you to get a clinical examination done by your primary doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh