Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had this cough for months now, yes I smoke but it's…

Customer Question
I have had this...

I have had this cough for months now, yes I smoke but it's different, and I thought it was because I had an urinary infection. Now it has moved (the pain) from my right side to my left I use a pillow for the pain when I cough I think I bruised my ribs should I just need to wait to heal. My level of pain is 2 when I breath normal but when I cough it's like 15 then after a few seconds it goes back to maybe 4 after a minute it's back to a 2 and I'm not taking anything for it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

When I cough but I am on disability because of a back injury

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My L4 and 5 are injured plus major siatica but this just started

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone just email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can only do messenger because I don't have a phone
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. How many days per month do you cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does your sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Do you feel breathless when you exert or exercise?
4. Are the symptoms when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. May I know your age please?
7. How long have you been smoking and how many cigarettes per day?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Family Physician, Doctor