Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been have pain under my left side under my and rib

Customer Question
I’ve been have pain...

I’ve been have pain under my left side under my boob and rib cage. It has been like this for years but started hurting more. When I eat it hurts. It is swollen and hard. I’ve been to the doctors 2-3 years ago go an X-ray nothing and he told me it was a torn muscle not to worry

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It’s been like this since 2010 to be honest. That’s when I first noticed it. Just got worse within the last month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I got my thyroid checked out and got two test done. First one said it was irregular next one said it wasn’t. I went to a weight loss doctor and told me I might have pcos. When I went to another doctor , he said no.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve been having issues with my lower left back as well. It’s a pain I feel when doing the dishes
3/15/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

What is swollen and hard ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Under my left boob on my rib cage I have something that looks like a fat roll which it’s not. On my other side is smooth and no bump. At times it is swollen if I press it , it is hard . If I touch around it , it is soft

Do you have swellings over other areas in the body ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, just there. I’m basically 5’5 326. I’ve gained so much weight since this bump started hurting.
When I press on it , it hurts

This sounds like a Lipoma that is inflamed . Does the lump become soft sometimes and when it pains it turns hard?

IS there any change in the skin overlying this lump ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My boyfriend said he sees vains suddenly.
Yes and the only time it hurts when it’s not swollen is when I press on it. When I eat something, I feel it hurting

Thank you very much for the information .

It looks like it is a panniculitis. this is an inflammation of the deeper skin fat which gets hard and swollen due to the presence of white blood celll inflammation.

I would suggest you to get this lump checked at the sonography clinic to check if there is any liquid collection in that swelling.

It happens due to autoimmune conditions like Lupus.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Family Physician, Doctor