Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I shared half a g of cocaine with a girlfriend sunday

Customer Question
I shared half a...

I shared half a g of cocaine with a girlfriend sunday morning around 2 am I have a court ordered test tomorrow.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take adderall and diazepam

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Is this passing?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

There is a faint line on the image of the test strip, and any visible line is considered a negative result.

However, it is possible that a urine test can be positive after a urine test is negative. Since the concentration of any drug in the urine can vary depending upon hydration status, it is possible that the concentration may drop below the threshold of detection for a period of time, and then be above the threshold of detection at a later time.

Tomorrow would be at the limit of the usual period of detection after a single use of cocaine. The vast majority of people would be negative after this period of time, and the negative home test supports that you will be negative tomorrow. But there is no guarantee that you will be negative tomorrow.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

How would I ensure that I will be negative tomorrow?
Like drink water? Take an additional drug test to be sure?

There are never any guarantees that you will pass. However, drinking a good amount of fluids is the best that can be done to maximize your chance of passing. It is important, though, to not overdo it, as urine that is excessively dilute will also be considered a failed test. You should drink about 2 and a half to 3 quarts of liquids in the 24 hours before the test.