Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband was discharged from hospital on Monday. He was…

My husband was discharged...

My husband was discharged from hospital on Monday. He was admitted because of pulmonary embolism in both lungs. This evening he had pain on the left side of his chest which has eased up, as well as pain in his abdominal area and had extreme chills. He was put on rivaroxaban 15mg oral tablet twice a day. He is not running a temp of 101.3.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Was running a low-grade temp in the hospital. He does not currently have shortness of breath.

I've been waiting for 30+ minutes. Thought response was within 30 minutes?!?!?
3/15/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online and saw that your question is unanswered for long. Would you like my help with your question today?

please
no

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

He needs an evaluation by a doctor. Temperature of 101.3, extreme chills, chest pain, abdominal pain warrant following;

1) Chest x-ray

2) EKG

3) Abdominal ultrasound

4) Blood counts

5) Metabolic panel.

Following should be ruled out;

a) Pneumonia

b) Pleurisy

c) Gall bladder or liver inflammation

4) Kidney infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions. I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
    Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.